



today as i turn 3 months, i am already around 12.8 lbs and probably almost 24 inches long. everyone who saw my studio portraits got surprised at how big and chunky i look (and bigger than my age. my cousins said i looked like i was 6months old on those pics). and yes, those are my real huge legs. no legwarmers whatsoever underneath. and no, you won't see my neck on those (even my parents don't see my neck often unless they force me to).
I have changed to size 2 diapers since my legs are already complaining with size 1. my huge thighs are getting squished with it. i also am not wearing a lot of my smaller clothes anymore and mom kept a bag full of them for my future siblings or for new babies on the block. and some of them i have not even worn or were just worn once. now, i am wearing some 6-9month-sized clothes too (some brands are really smaller compared to others).
As for the major milestones, here's what we got from baby center's milestone chart for a 3 month-old baby:
Mastered Skills (most kids can do):
• Recognizes your face and scent -- CHECK! Seeing my dad and mom really sends smiles and giggles my way! And i definitely know them and can pick them from amongst the crowd
• Holds head steady -- CHECK! I definitely do. And I've been doing this since I am 2-months old. Like what I've said before, my pedia thinks that I have much much better head control than other babies my age. And she noticed that when i was about 3weeks of age.
• Visually tracks moving objects -- CHECK! .. specially the colorful ones. My parents actually noticed that I've been doing this since I am around 2-months old. I definitely watch where my mom or dad goes when they leave me at my my playpen for a few minutes (yep, can't last for a long time there. I wanna be cuddled and carried all the time, haha. fine, call me a demanding baby!).
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do):
• Squeals, gurgles, coos -- CHECK! well i am one talkative baby! I have videos of joel daldal here.
• Blows bubbles --CHECK! i just looove doing this and playing with my laway. If it weren't for the bib that mom puts on me lately even if i am not eating, i will be one really wet baby!
• Recognizes your voice -- CHECK! My parents' voice, specially when they talk and sing to me, is but wonderful melody to my ears.
• Does mini-pushup -- CHECK! Have you seen my videos here?! What other proof do you need?! Thanks to tummy time, i learned to do this. Yeah right?! *rolls eyes*
Advanced Skills (a few kids can do):
• Rolls over, from tummy to back -- CHECK! And i wasn't even 3 months when i started doing this. Again, thanks to tummy time? Am i hearing myself here?!
• Turns toward loud sounds -- CHECK! Whenever my mom will bring me in front of our keyboard and hit some notes, i really look towards where the sound is coming from. Dad is tricking me though with that tickle-me-cookie monster inside the box,coz i couldn't see who's laughing and i just keep on looking.
• Can bring hands together, bats at toys -- CHECK! and CHECK! Here's another proof that i can bring my hands together. I really can't get enough of my hands. They're sooo num-yummy! Mmm, mmm good! And i don't just bat on my toys or anything, i try to grab them! My parents do a good job in helping me develop that grabbing skills. They make it look easy, heh!
Well, these are all i can find from babycenter in terms of milestones. Alrighty then! Signing off til my next update!
** more month 2-3 pictures here
0 comments on "the 3 month-update"
Post a Comment